Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Sunnier Outlook


Back when I finished the Montessori Quilt in May, I mentioned Sweet P's birthday and my hopes she would get a quilt. I did find these sunny and flowery thrifted top sheets, but realistically I knew I didn't have time to get the quilt I wanted. But I did want to cover up her navy blanket, yes indeed. So I sewed a big duvet cover and now she snuggles under flowers every night. The yellows are thrifted pillow cases. This project only took a few hours to lay out the sheets and sew big long seams - my kind of project for the night before the big day.

This weekend we weekended at some friends' place in rural Virginia and had a fabulous time, returning refreshed. When it looks like this in the morning, you can't help but feel energized, ready to craft.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails