Saturday, December 18, 2010

Handmade Scarves with Recycled Wrapping


From Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Knitted Gifts (the first one) - the lacy scarf. A great way to use up a ball or less of lace weight or mohair, very fast with just one row of y/o lace and the rest in stockinette stitch. Each scarf took about an evening.

The little pinky on the right is to match this little hat for a special birthday girl. Toddler scarves totally rock - they need to be narrow and they don't need to be long. Which is good because they can get lost somewhat easily!


For the last several years I have had very good intentions to make some reusable, recycled gift bags. In the interest of time - I know, I know, gift bags only take 10 min or so - I came up with this idea - recycled canning jars with pretty lids and my home-made labels.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails