Monday, December 14, 2009

Three Little Trees and Some Tea


After seeing Maya's burlap trees I adapted the idea to - yes, the silver lamé from the robots costumes! I rolled cones from lightweight cardboard - granola bar boxes I think - then sewed cones from the lamé and snugged them over the top. I trimmed the cones to stand reasonably straight and traced disks of cardboard for the bottoms, then hotglued the cardboard to the fabric around the base. They haven't been roughly played with but they haven't disintegrated either. I have plans for a whole village of carboard fabric and hotglue houses... maybe a few per year until the village takes shape. Maya has lovely gingerbread house boxes from milk cartons -

After all that work, some refreshments were in order. Peppermint tea and fennel-lemon biscotti.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails